People tend to overestimate their good looks. When it comes to online dating profiles, a little fudging is pretty normal. Men tend to lie the most about their height, women lie about their weight. Those farthest from average tend to lie more.
However, some people just let it all hang out. Sometimes in terrifying, terrifying ways.
More power to them though….I guess?
- 17 Dating profiles that will make you rethink dating
- 10 Insane profile pictures from Russian online dating sites
- A terrifying site for online dating fails
- Worst OKCupid messages sent to women
- Don’t take selfies on the toilet. If you must take one in the bathroom, make sure the toilet is flushed.
- Just skip the selfies. They’re usually a terrible idea.
- Use proper grammar and correct spelling.
- Posing with animals you’ve shot is not attractive. Save the camouflage/dead animal pics for your hunting buddies.
- Don’t post pictures of yourself completely wasted.
- Don’t post pictures that were obviously cut in half/photo shopped to remove your ex.
If all else fails, here’s a study with some vague guidance on how to tell if an online profile is filled with lies.
Good luck. You’re going to need it.